Porter Square is facing a number of big construction projects, including:
- Somerville's Beacon Street Reconstruction Project
- "Loft Hotel", 50 rooms plus ground floor retail replacing the Gourmet Express at 1868 Massachusetts Avenue.
- A 46 unit condominium on the combined car wash and St. James' Church site.
- Yet another hotel on a tiny lot at the intersection of Beacon Street and Oxford Street.
Visit the individual pages for status and contact information.
- The Rand, a mixed retail and rental apartment building replacing Bob Slate's.
- Porter Square Hotel, 65 rooms and a restaurant replacing the Kaya Restaurant at 1924 Massachusetts Avenue.
- Hathaway Lofts, 46 residential units re-using the historic Hathaway Bakery at 15-33 Richdale Avenue.
- Lesley University's Lunder Arts Center at 1801 Massachusetts Avenue, just south of University Hall.
- An 8 unit, 55 foot high condominium with ground level parking at 18 White Street, replacing a Victorian home.