CVS is now offering vaccines, here in Cambridge.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has launched a new vaccine appointment search tool that makes it easy to see which vaccination sites have availability. You can try it out and find an appointment at vaxfinder.mass.gov. All vaccination sites are listed, but appointment availability is currently only shown for mass vaccination and some local board of health sites. For locations not providing their availability, click "Details" to visit their scheduling link for appointments. State health officials said they will be working to add more locations over the next few weeks as the tool improves.
CVS Now Offering Vaccines
CVS is now offering free COVID-19 vaccines at select locations across Massachusetts, including one in Cambridge. If you are eligible, you can schedule your first and second doses through the pharmacy's website. CVS is expected to post new appointments daily. The Cambridge location is 215 Alewife Brook Pkwy, Cambridge, MA 02138. Schedule an appointment here. The site is getting a lot of traffic and may need a minute or two to load.
CVS Health will post 3,000 appointments across the state tomorrow, February 13, 2021 and another 3,000 on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Resources for Booking and Getting to Your Appointment
- Online: Visit vaxfinder.mass.gov/ or mass.gov/COVIDVaccine. You can also book directly at cvs.com.
- Phone: Call 2-1-1 between 8:30AM and 5:30PM Mon-Fri and select the prompt for "help scheduling a vaccine appointment." This multilingual service is for residents 75 and older who don't have Internet access or have trouble using the Internet.
- Need help? For detailed information about how to make an appointment, including updates about specific health care providers, see the Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services vaccine resources page.
- Need a ride? Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services (SCES) is offering free transportation for local adults aged 75+ to COVID-19 vaccination sites in Cambridge and Somerville as well as Fenway Park and CHA Malden. For more information, click here. To register for a ride, call SCES at 617-628-2601 or email email@example.com.
- Accessibility: The City of Cambridge has published accessibility information for the state's mass vaccination sites. You can find it here.
Don't forget to book your second appointment while you're getting your first dose!