Vacant Storefronts in the Porter Square Area
Thursday, July 19th 7-9 pm
Lesley University Hall, 1815 Mass Ave, Room 4-100
- Pardis Saffari, Cambridge’s Economic Development Department
- Sumbul Suddiqui, City Councilor (current chair of Economic Development committee)
- Jan Devereux, City Councilor (former chair of Economic Development committee)
- Frank Kramer, Cambridge Local First founder (past owner of Harvard Book Store and neighbor)
- Alisa King, Cambridge Local First member (commercial real estate agent and Cambridge resident)
- Ellen Shakespeare, MIT architecture/urban design student and Founder of Spaceous, a popup space for artists (Cambridge resident)
- We have invited local property owners and business owners, inculding Gravestar.
- Aaron Grenier, of The Culture House, a pop-up indoor public park/living room that has a residency this month at the newly opened Bow Market in Union Sq. The 3 young people behind it are also working on the idea of activating vacant or under-utilized space.
- Opening statements from speakers/presenters about the current state of vacant storefronts here in Cambridge (how many, duration of vacancy, causes, and possible solutions)
- Community conversation and Q&A to learn and start understanding what actions we can take to keep our streetscape vibrant and ensure local businesses can thrive
Our meetings are open to the public and are pretty informal.
Please join us!